Are you interested in working with a great group of people for an even greater cause? Volunteer for any of the following activities, and we guarantee you will find it very rewarding:
Courtesy Patrol Member
The purpose of the Courtesy Patrol is to provide information and assistance to users of the Foothills Trail while walking, cycling, rollerblading, running or riding horseback on the trail.
The Courtesy Patrol was created in 2002 to encourge trail courtesy and provide trail information to users. Members also assist with special events such as the Foothills Dash, Daffodil Classic bike ride, the Rainier to Ruston Relay Run, and the B&O Run (Buckley to Orting). Patrol hours and locations are optional. Members wear bright, yellow vests which identify them as Courtesy Patrollers..
CONTACT: For information or to enroll, contact Stuart Scheuerman at (253) 405-5129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rainier to Ruston Rail-Trail Relay Run (R2R) is our major annual fundraiser and celebrates National Trails Day. To learn more about this fun event, go to http://www.rainiertoruston.com/. We are looking for volunteers to help with the following activities:
- Bell Stand Crew volunteers to help set up and take down the bell stands and signage along the course on the day of the race.
- Packet Pickup volunteers to help hand out race packets and t-shirts at the start of the race and at Fleet Feet Sports in the week preceeding the event.
- Exchange Monitor Captains to staff and organize a group of people to provide information, watch the handoffs, oversee food and water, and attend the bell stands at each exchange.
- Parking volunteers to help with parking at locations from Rainier to Tacoma.
- Misc volunteers to help with tasks on race day like shuttling supplies, picking up drop bags, running errands.
- You will work with over 200 other volunteers who make this event so much fun. Even Sasquatch turns out for the R2R! All volunteers get a complimentary R2R staff t-shirt. Let us know what you are interested in, and we will find a place for you.
CONTACT: Race Director, John Selby at email@example.com
Trail Crew Member
Trail crew volunteers attend work parties to open, improve, repair and maintain the Foothills Trail and occasionally other non-motorized trails in Pierce County. Work parties are generally held on Saturdays as announced by email.
CONTACT: Matt McCollum at 253-222-0325 or firstname.lastname@example.org